If you are passionate about making a difference in your local community as a professional contractor, then you are probably looking for the best resources to help you. Listed on this page are some of the best resources we recommend for running and growing your contracting business in this tech-forward environment. Note, some of the following links we are affiliated with, and we will earn a small percentage of the sale. This does not affect your end price however. Just consider it a small way that you are helping support us so we are able to continue providing you with weekly inspiration & motivation.
Contractor Marketing Resources
Business Resources For Contractors
Quickbooks Desktop For PC
- Easy to set up, learn and use
- Organize finances and payroll in one place, and save time on everyday tasks
- Track how your business is doing with one-click financial, tax and sales reports
- No accounting knowledge is necessary and you can quickly import your data from a spreadsheet
Quickbooks Desktop For Mac
- Built and designed for your Mac so you know it is easy to set up, learn and use.
- Create estimates and turn them into invoices in one click
- Log hours and bill clients for your time
- Stay on top of your expenses with Expense Tracker
- Improved! Launch and perform common tasks faster (search, reconcile, P&L reports)
- Enhanced form customization, printing capabilities, and timesheet editing
- 30% off Xero for the first six months
- Log in online anytime, anywhere on your Mac, PC, tablet or phone
- Get a real-time view of your cash flow
- It’s small business accounting software that’s simple, smart and occasionally magical
- Get paid faster with online invoicing
- Accounting software with all the time-saving tools you need to grow your business.
Microsoft Office 365
- 1 – year subscription for 5 PCs or Macs, 5 tablets including iPad, Android, or Windows, plus 5 phones
- Get 1 TB of OneDrive cloud storage per user, for up to 5 users.
- Always have the latest, fully installed versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote. ( Publisher and Access are available on PC only )
- Note: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
Highly Recommended Contractor Marketing and Business Books
With the world’s largest library of audiobooks, you’re sure to find the perfect listen. Build our own library to build and keep your audiobooks forever.
In his 2009 international bestseller Crush It, Gary insisted that a vibrant personal brand was crucial to entrepreneurial success, In Crushing It!, Gary explains why that’s even more true today, offering his unique perspective on what has changed and what principles remain timeless.
This book shows you how to use the power of the Internet to turn your real interests into real businesses. Gary spent years building his family business from a local wine shop into a national industry leader.
- How to create the perfect selling climate
- Specific questions and tie-downs
- Referral and non referral prospecting
- How to “sell” the most important people you know
- Effective phone techniques
Favorite Contractor Magazine’s Recommended:
Contractor Tools & Products
Photo And Video Tools For Contractors
- Stunning 4K video and 12MP photos in Single, Burst and Time Lapse modes.
- Durable by design, HERO5 Black is waterproof to 33ft (10m) without a housing
- Additional GoPro HERO5 Black Features + Benefits below on item page.
- Preview and playback your shots, change settings and trim your footage, all on your GoPro.
Contractor Apps To Run, Manage, And Grow Your Business
- Tailwind – A visual marketing tool for Pinterest & Instagram.
- Buffer – An intuitive social media management platform where its easier to schedule posts, track the performance of your content, and manage all your accounts in one place.
- Houzz – Houzz is a website and online community about architecture, interior design and decorating, landscape design and home improvement. The
- A Color Story – This app focuses on fresh photos, bright whites, and colors that pop.
- www.Join.me – It’s a free screen sharing, online meetings and team collaboration application
- Dropbox – Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software.
- Docusign – DocuSign is an app that provides electronic signature technology and digital transaction management services for facilitating electronic exchanges of contracts and signed documents.
- Canva – This app allows you to create designs for Web or print: blog graphics, presentations, Facebook covers, flyers, posters, invitations, etc.
- Instagram – A simple, fun & creative way to capture, edit & share photos, videos & messages with friends & family.
- Invoice2go – It is a mobile and web app designed as a simple invoicing, expense-tracking, and reporting tool for micro and small business owners.
- Tinyscanner – It is a little scanner app that turns android device into a portable document scanner and scan everything as images or PDFs
- Signatureapp – The DocuSign electronic signature app provides consumers and professionals with a simple way to legally sign and return documents from anywhere and anytime.
- Genius scan – is a scanner in your pocket. Quickly scan your documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files.
- Roomscan Pro – it is an app that draws floor plans all by itself – just touch each wall with your phone!
- Buildxact – is the complete software solution for builders and tradies. Builders can estimate and quote in seconds with precise accuracy, saving time and money.
- Quickchippy – Is a collection of calculators for Chippy’s (and the home handyman that doesn’t mind ‘having a crack!’)
- Blocklayer – It provides a calculators plans and templates for Contractors
- Grub Hub – It is a free online ordering from restaurants near you. Food delivery or takeout is just a click away.
- JobberBoard Foot Calc – It is an app that helps you quote, schedule, invoice, and get paid—faster.
- Xero – It is an online accounting software for small businesses. It allows you to do invoicing, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping & more.
- Pruvan Direct – A mobile app that helps create unique Project IDs and associated Project Tasks to categorize your photos.
- Time Station – An app that keeps track of your time.
- Patreon – It is a web-based platform that provides business tools for creators to run a subscription content service, as well as ways for artists to build relationships and provide exclusive experiences to their subscribers, or “patrons.”
- Social Blade – An app that can keep track of the stats of your youtube channel (or your favorite youtube creators), twitch channel and other video services.
- Venmo – An app that send payments.
- Tsheets – A time tracking app that integrates with Quickbooks.
- Hubdoc – An app that extracts the important information from your receipts, invoices and bills
- Billbeez – An app that is similar to Hubdoc, but has one key feature that is a great tool for contractors.
- Contractor’s Tools – An app that helps contractors create estimates, invoices and payments via an iPhone or iPad, and then sync that information to Quickbooks.
- Construction Master Pro – A math calculator that is ideal for Architects, Builders, Contractors, Designers, Draftspersons, Engineers, Framers/Carpenters and Tradesmen.
- Contractor Tools – ESTIMATING & INVOICING HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EASY! Create professional construction estimates and invoices with your iPhone or iPad. ContractorTools takes care of the paperwork so you can focus on your work.
- Buildertrend – Utilized by half a million residential construction professionals, Buildertrend is the trusted standard for home builders and remodelers across the U.S. and abroad.
- CoConstruct – Thousands of builders rely on CoConstruct every day to coordinate their projects, communicate with their clients and crew and control all the financials of their business. There’s a reason we’re #1 highest rated.
- Waze – is the world’s largest community-based traffic and navigation app. Join other drivers in your area who share real-time traffic and road info, saving everyone time and gas money on their daily commute.
- Two Microsoft Project 2016 video training courses for beginner and advanced learners
- 116 self-paced video tutorials comprising 18 hours of training
- Computer DVD format compatible with Windows (PC) computers
- Ability to play, pause, rewind and repeat the training videos as needed
- Optional exercise files for real-world practice
- Save spreadsheets in the Cloud to work on them anywhere
- Use Excel 2016 on a desktop, laptop, or tablet
- Share spreadsheets via email, online meetings, and social media sites
- Analyze data with PivotTables
- Professional home-design software for the serious DIY home enthusiast
- Tools for home design, remodeling, interior design, decks, landscaping, and cost estimation
- Create accurately scaled floor plans and elevations that automatically generate 3D models in minutes
- Choose from 3,600+ plants with Plant Chooser
- Get started quickly with easy how-to videos that offer step-by-step instructions; includes free technical support
- Real-time view of your cashflow with automatic bank reconciliation
- Online invoicing, quotes, bill pay, financial reporting and payroll included
- Unlimited users
- Integrates with over 500+ business apps
- Easily bring your QuickBooks data into Xero within 3 hours
- Log every drive automatically.
- Classify drives as business or personal effortlessly.
- Get personalized mileage logs and reports with the push of a button.
- + Live and recorded video of top video games, esports events, art, cooking, music, and more
- + Interactive live shows by Xbox, Sony, Riot Games, Blizzard
- + Completely unique programming like Bob Ross marathons and exclusive video game events
- + Full-featured live chat with one of the largest gaming communities in the world
- + Dark mode quality for late-night viewing
- + Simple, intuitive navigation that makes it easy to discover the content you care about most
- + Mobile broadcasting, putting the ability to go live right in your hand at the touch of a butto
- Pay Online with your email address and without giving out your financial details.
- Send money to almost anyone with an email or mobile number quickly. You can send all around the world and they’ll be delighted to get your message
- Requesting money is a friendly reminder for a favor or job well done. They’ll get an invitation to pay any way they like without having to think about it.
- Time Tracker enables you to plan your work, project, tasks, record start time, end time and breaks, calculate hours, get paid, keep a log of your milestones and track its progress.
- Using this app you can plan, list and manage all your work, projects, tasks, and hours spent in a single place and keep track of deliverables and achievements.
- Entering data is simple. Tap on the cell to edit and add the text. Locally save file, and re-use it with minimal changes. Simply tap e-mail to send it to your advisers instantly and get feedback from them. Alternatively, you can email it to yourself.
Truck Graphics And Full Graphic Wraps
A site dedicated to designing vehicles – whether its a professional car, van or truck wrap that will take your business full throttle.
Clothing And Merchandise Design
A site dedicated to design clothing and merchandise.